Marketing & Media
We provide a wide range of cover for marketing and media professionals which is designed to meet the needs of professionals working in marketing, media, advertising, consultancy, business development and market research. Technology companies face unique risks and require specific insurance coverage’s to protect their business.
So what covers are available?
PROFESSIONAL INDEMNITY INSURANCE
The simplest mistakes can be the most damaging. Marketing, media, advertising and communications professionals are particularly vulnerable to claims of negligence for simple errors. This could be where a client believes you’ve made a mistake when booking in an advert for them or where you have to defend a claim for copyright infringement for not having the right permissions in place. At Artemis, we understand that situations like this can happen to anyone, no matter how experienced you may be.
We can arrange cost-effective cover for marketing and media professionals which can help protect them against the cost of settling or defending a client’s claim that there is a problem with the work you have done for them.
The policy can responded in the event of:
- Unintentional breach of a written contract – for example if a client claims your work doesn’t fit the agreed brief;
- Infringement of intellectual property rights – for example using content from a website or publication without permission;
- Negligence or breach of duty of care – making a mistake in your work or giving bad advice;
- Breach of confidence – sharing confidential or sensitive information without consent;
- Defamation – making false or damaging claims about a person or organisation;
- Civil liability – if a claim occurs because of your business activity for a client and we haven’t specifically excluded it, it’s covered.
This can help to protect you against the cost of paying or defending a claim for compensation from a member of the public for bodily injury or property damage. You might think your business has little exposure to members of the public because you just deal with other businesses, but public liability can cover claims made by clients too. For example, you or an employee could be visiting a client and accidentally damage an expensive piece of their equipment.
Product liability insurance protects you in the event that your product causes injury or damage to a person or their property. You could be liable to pay compensation in these circumstances even if you didn't manufacture the product and the costs can be severe.
If you have employees then your business is required by law to have employers’ liability insurance in place. It’s designed to protect against the cost of paying or defending a claim for compensation from an employee for injury or disease because of the work that they do for you.
Directors & Officers Liability
If you're a Director or an Officer of a company, you have personal liability for any actions or decisions that you make on behalf of the business.
Directors and officers of businesses have specific duties, responsibilities and powers which are usually defined in their job description or terms of reference. In the event that a director or officer is found to have acted outside of their terms of reference, civil, criminal or regulatory proceedings can be brought against them. Allegations of wrongful acts that can be made against you include breach of trust, breach of duty, neglect, error, misleading statements and wrongful trading. For further details, please read our blog.
We can provide cover whether your office or home based against the cost of replacing or repairing your business equipment if it is accidentally damaged, lost or stolen. You can also include the following covers:
- Portable equipment – cover for equipment outside of the office, such as laptops and phones;
- Business interruption – cover for the financial losses that result from being unable to trade due to an unexpected interruption;
- Equipment breakdown – cover for the sudden electrical or mechanical breakdown of your office equipment.
CYBER & DATA RISKS INSURANCE
When your company depends heavily on technology, a hacker attack or virus can be very damaging to your reputation and your profit. This insurance supports and protects businesses if they experience a data breach or are the subject of an attack by a malicious hacker that affects their computer systems. It provides comprehensive cover, simplicity and reputation protection. For more information on the increase in cyber threats, please read our latest blog.
Give us a call today on 020 8619 5000 to discuss your marketing and media insurance requirements.