Solicitors Professional Indemnity
If you're a solicitor looking to review your professional indemnity insurance, you've come to the right place.
Whether you're a sole trader, a boutique law firm or a national practice, buying professional indemnity insurance (PII) can be a time consuming exercise. Also, according to The Law Society, PII can be one of the the three biggest overheads for some firms, so it's essential that you work with a professional insurance broker who has the expertise, knowledge and market access.
When you're reviewing your cover, your broker should have already discussed the following key rating factors which an insurer will use to calculate your premium and will form part of the proposal form or renewal proposal that you'll be asked to complete:
- Areas of practice - insurers will view areas including family and criminal as lower risk than those practices specialising in conveyencing and personal injury.
- Fee Income - when declaring your income, if it's significantly increased or reduced, then your insurer will want to know the reasons why. It may have increased due to the acquisition of another practice and reduced in the event of you losing some of your clients.
- Number of partners - your broker should have advised you that some insurers have more of an appetite for practices with four or less partners.
- Claims History - it's common practice for insurers to ask you to provide the claims history for the last five years. Insurers will look at the circumstances of each claim, whether any patterns are emerging and whether anything can be done to stop claims occurring.
- Risk Management - if you can demonstrate that risk management is part of the day to day culture of your practice, insurers will look on this favourably.
The team at Artemis Insurance Brokers have over 30 years experience in helping solicitors to access cost-effective PII. But don't take our word for it, here's what some of our clients have to say about us:
Sheridans are specialist lawyers in leisure, media and entertainment
'I've enjoyed a 20 year association with the principals of Artemis - very efficient, professional and high calibre service. Highly recommended.'
Jay Soneji - Partner- Sheridans Solicitors
Tuckers Solicitors LLP is the UK's leading law firm specialising in criminal law, civil liberties and regulatory proceedings
'I was scrolling through the website testimonials for Artemis (and Ketan) and realised that we were letting the side down in not adding our voice to the positive comments. It seems that our experience is matched by many others. Getting the job done with the minimum of fuss and bother is our priority (we take the competitive policy as a pre-requisite for any broker) - and Artemis have delivered for us on that score over many many years. I am happy to recommend people who do anything to make my busy work life easier than it otherwise might me - so Artemis get my recommendation 100%.'
Adam Makepeace - Tuckers Solicitors LLP
Jacobs Allen Hammond is a niche London West End practice specialising in civil and commercial matters
'I have known Ketan Patel and dealt with him and his excellent team for some 15 years. As a firm, we use Artemis for commercial and residential property insurance and our firm's motor insurance. I have also used them for my personal matters.
I have always found Ketan and his company to be thoroughly professional and pro-active and I have never hesitated to recommend them to our clients directly, completely confident that our clients will be properly looked after.
My point of contact over the last few years has been Daniel Chambers and I know I can push anything his way and it gets dealt with promptly and efficiently. As a bonus in our game, where time is precious and there is often a last minute rush, Daniel alway s answers his phone or, on those occasions where he's unavailable, always calls back in good time.
All in all, Artemis delivers a first rate professional service.'
Christopher Allen - Partner - Jacobs Allen Hammond
Axiom Stone is a legal practice representing clients both nationally and internationally
'I've worked with Ketan Patel for several years and find him to be very professional, efficient and thorough. Ketan always finds a solution to every problem and I would highly recommend his services.'
Jaymini Ghelaniv - Consultant Solicitor - Axiom Stone Solicitors
As you'll see, not only do we arrange PII, but also offer a wide range of commercial and personal insurance and products for solicitors and we're also trusted to act for their clients which is a fantastic endorsement to the service we provide.
Our team of experts are waiting to hear from you, so why not put us to the test to see how we can help to make your working life easier.
RICHARD J. CLIFFE - Sales & Marketing Manager
☏ 020 8619 5004